Bumps, Babies & Beyond
Welcome to Bumps, Babies & Beyond!

We are so very happy that you could stop by for a visit.
We are a warm, friendly, welcoming, parenting forum.
We cater for all parents across the world to come and chat about there every day lives, ask and give advice, make new friends and generally have fun.

The staff here are very friendly and helpful and also the members here are fantastic to and they are ready and waiting to meet more new people and make more new friends.

We have a wide variety of boards for you all such as ttc, pregnancy and birth, debate room etc, we have monthly competitions with prizes, games, quizzes, chat room and much much more.

We also have our very own arcade.

There is loads for you to do here so why don't you register today and join in with the fun.

When you register please read and sign the rules, introduce your self, tell us a bit about your self and then feel free to do what ever else you like.

Happy posting
Bumps, Babies & Beyond Team

James' birth story

Go down

James' birth story

Post by Clairey on Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:02 pm

My boy James Ryan, was born on Friday the 5th of February 2010 at 3.20am. He weighed 7lb 1oz and was 50cm long. He was also 3 days late the little monkey!

I went into labour on the Wednesday, I had been out all day with friends and when I got home I just knew I was going into labour for some reason I can't explain it! I did all the last minute cleaning and cooked two meals for the freezer!

I lost my plug around 8pm, this happened continuously throughout the whole labour I never realised there was so much. My contractions started about 10pm, got stronger and stronger and by 8am they were coming every 3-4 minutes for around a minute. I was baring the pain, but was worried about his movements so went into the birthing centre. I felt very emotional going and couldn't stop crying, I think it was just the realisation, but once I got there and heard his heartbeat etc I felt better. Our room was amazing, we had our own private room the whole time, freeview tv, a rocking chair and birthing balls in there, plus the pool was attached to the room. They waited on my hubby and me getting us whatever we needed. I was fully effaced and they said his head was extremely low but was only 1-2cm dilated. Because his head was so low I was in a lot of pain with every contraction as it was pushing on the cervix. For this reason they let me stay in. They put me on the monitor for an hour as his heartbeat was low but they decided he just had a low baseline of 110. They sent it to a dr at the hospital just to be sure and he agreed everything was fine. I was examined again at 5pm and still no progress. I was completely distraught and very tired! For this reason the midwife spoke to me about having pethadine so I could get some sleep. I really didn't want this so she suggested I had a bath which I did. Around 9pm while I was in the bath she came in to check his heartbeat and said that he had moved. 5 mins later I started throwing up and the contractions were coming right on top of each other. I had to get in a wheelchair to go back to the room as I couldn't walk, but was laughing at the same time as I felt so dramatic! When I got back I had some gas and air and I couldn't stop giggling, but it was making me feel more sick so I stopped. At this point the midwifes changed and she was back in at 7am the next day and told me I better of had my baby when she gets back in!

My new midwife examined me and I was now 4-5cm. Progress at last was all I was thinking! At this point I got in the birthing pool. That was a strange experience as the heat was really helping my contractions but making me feel more sick which I couldn't stop! The midwife said that if I had pethadine they would give me an anti sickness jab at the same time. That was the decider for me as that was worse than any of the other pain plus I was exhausted by then. So around 12.30 I had the pethadine which meant I wasn't going to be able to labour in the pool like I had hoped but at that point I didn't care! She did an internal at this point and I was 7cm. The pethadine was brilliant in my situation and I don't regret having it at all. It calmed me right down and let me sleep in between contractions which I really needed at this point. About 2.30am I started being sick again and the pain was imense. My midwife examined me and said I was ready to push! She broke my waters at this point and my 'nap' had given me enough energy to push him out.

The moment they placed him on my chest was the most emotional thing I have ever experienced, I just kept saying he's perfect! I'm so glad we didn't know the sex it really made it feel even more special! My hubby was amazing the whole time, he stayed right by my side reassured me, rubbed my back and kept a flannel on my head. It made me feel so close to him going through that together and I was so proud of him. All the midwifes praised him and said I should hire him out!

I didn't have any stitches and was allowed to leave after 3hrs if I wanted. We waited until our first midwife came back in so she could are James and then left about 8.30am!
Clairey
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James' birth story

Post by cas on Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:49 pm

Awww love birth story.

please vode everyday http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=9632

cas
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clairey on Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Thanks Cas xx
Clairey
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ♥ Serenity ♥ on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:02 pm

I love your birth story claire!! and at least james was only 3 days late..... lol xx
♥ Serenity ♥
Post Whore
Post Whore

View user profile http://www.readings-at-serendipity.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Clairey on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Lol it felt like three years!
Clairey
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

View user profile