Bumps, Babies & Beyond
Welcome to Bumps, Babies & Beyond!

We are so very happy that you could stop by for a visit.
We are a warm, friendly, welcoming, parenting forum.
We cater for all parents across the world to come and chat about there every day lives, ask and give advice, make new friends and generally have fun.

The staff here are very friendly and helpful and also the members here are fantastic to and they are ready and waiting to meet more new people and make more new friends.

We have a wide variety of boards for you all such as ttc, pregnancy and birth, debate room etc, we have monthly competitions with prizes, games, quizzes, chat room and much much more.

We also have our very own arcade.

There is loads for you to do here so why don't you register today and join in with the fun.

When you register please read and sign the rules, introduce your self, tell us a bit about your self and then feel free to do what ever else you like.

Happy posting
Bumps, Babies & Beyond Team

Aimees Birth

Go down

Aimees Birth

Post by Emm on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:17 pm

Both me and Alan my fiancé were watching an episode of 24, we went downstairs and I needed the loo, as I was on my way to the loo I had a bit of period pain and this continued after I had been to the toilet and I kept getting this pain regular although it kept coming and going and then the pain started getting stronger and coming every 2 minutes then I realised I was in labour and so did everyone around me.
I kept calm and remembered my breathing exercises and I called the midwife who suggested I call the hospital which I did and they said that as soon as my contractions were every 2 minutes and lasting about 60 seconds then go into hospital although they couldn’t send an ambulance as it wasn’t classed as an emergency.

I left for the hospital at 18.15, my brothers friends dad drove me and Alan to the hospital and then went back to pick up my mum, dad and brother.

On the way to the hospital I was thinking I really want this baby to come out now and I want this pain to go away. We arrived at the hospital about 18.25.

The first thing I remember about arriving at the hospital is the reception staff saying you got here quick.

Alan and my mum were in the room with me. My mum started crying when Aimee was born and Alan was filling up with tears too.

They were all brilliant

It was a whole lot more painful than I thought it would be but I coped better than I thought I would.
I was shocked when I found out the baby’s sex as I was convinced she was a boy but also happy as can be with the thought of having a gorgeous baby girl. Aimee was given to me after the placenta was delivered.

My mum cut the cord.

From start to finish my labour was 6 ½ hours without pain relief and I had stitches in 2 places.

Baby’s Name is Aimee Louise, born 26th February 2006 at 23.03 weighing 8lb 12oz and she was 9 days late.

Alan made the first phone calls, they were all really happy for us, Aimee’s first visitor was my dad and my brother who were in the waiting room for all that time lol

We brought baby home the following day, Alan drove, the weather was cold but baby was well wrapped up in a vest, and sleep suit with a lovely shawl that my mums friend made for us

Emm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimees Birth

Post by Clairey on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Aww lovely story Hun xx
Clairey
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

View user profile

Back to top Go down