Bumps, Babies & Beyond
Welcome to Bumps, Babies & Beyond!

We are so very happy that you could stop by for a visit.
We are a warm, friendly, welcoming, parenting forum.
We cater for all parents across the world to come and chat about there every day lives, ask and give advice, make new friends and generally have fun.

The staff here are very friendly and helpful and also the members here are fantastic to and they are ready and waiting to meet more new people and make more new friends.

We have a wide variety of boards for you all such as ttc, pregnancy and birth, debate room etc, we have monthly competitions with prizes, games, quizzes, chat room and much much more.

We also have our very own arcade.

There is loads for you to do here so why don't you register today and join in with the fun.

When you register please read and sign the rules, introduce your self, tell us a bit about your self and then feel free to do what ever else you like.

Happy posting
Bumps, Babies & Beyond Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bumps, Babies & Beyond
Welcome to Bumps, Babies & Beyond!

We are so very happy that you could stop by for a visit.
We are a warm, friendly, welcoming, parenting forum.
We cater for all parents across the world to come and chat about there every day lives, ask and give advice, make new friends and generally have fun.

The staff here are very friendly and helpful and also the members here are fantastic to and they are ready and waiting to meet more new people and make more new friends.

We have a wide variety of boards for you all such as ttc, pregnancy and birth, debate room etc, we have monthly competitions with prizes, games, quizzes, chat room and much much more.

We also have our very own arcade.

There is loads for you to do here so why don't you register today and join in with the fun.

When you register please read and sign the rules, introduce your self, tell us a bit about your self and then feel free to do what ever else you like.

Happy posting
Bumps, Babies & Beyond Team
Bumps, Babies & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaylees Birth

4 posters

Go down

Kaylees Birth Empty Kaylees Birth

Post by Emm Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:18 pm

At about 4.30am on the morning of 16 July 2009, I started having pains at first I thought I just needed to go to the toilet so I was going backwards and forwards to the toilet and then back to bed etc lol, while on the toilet I noticed a little bit of a show.

Then about 6.30 I woke alan up and told him I thought this was it so logged onto computer to time my contractions on a contractions master website and that’s when I realised this really was it as my contractions were lasting about a minute and coming every minute and a half so I decided to ring the hospital and they told me to make my way in with bag and notes, so by this time 7ish alan was up and was getting aimee dressed, we got into the car and drove to alans dads house we swapped cars and alans dad gave me and alan a lift to the hospital and took aimee back with him, so I went up to the maternity ward sat down and a senior student midwife called Amanda Rogers did all the usual observations done, checked baby’s heartbeat and then checked how far dilated I was, my waters hadn’t gone by this point but she said the waters were bulging right near babys head, as she finished checking cervix I noticed her hand covered in blood but she said that was most likely the rest of my show, she then went to let the senior midwife Michelle know and they didn’t believe I was in labour as I was so quiet lol, so then Michelle came in checked my cervix again and said yep I was fully dilated and they were gonna break my waters which they did and there was quite a bit of blood there too which they were a little concerned about but hey then said whenever I had a pain use the pain to push which I did and at first I didn’t feel anything happening and a doctor came in and said if nothing happened within the next few pushes then they would try ventouse to get baby out but they said they didn’t want that to happen so I pushed with all I got lol and then I felt the head crown and as I looked down she had come out facing upwards so I could see 2 eyes looking at me lol and then one more push and she was out and my god it hurt !!

I then realised I had a small 2nd degree tear (again) and needed 2 stitches and I had a couple of grazes but they said they would heal themselves so after a 4 ½ hour labour without pain relief Kaylee Louise was born at 9.05am.

We then had some time alone just the 3 of us and then they did my stitches, and I put a pad on but was still losing a lot of blood which they wanted to keep an eye on, I then got up and dressed and the student midwife that delivered Kaylee checked her over and weighed her and confirmed she weighed 7lb 10oz which she said was a good weight for almost 3 weeks early and she dressed Kaylee while I had toast as I was feeling really low on iron. Alan then left the hospital to go to work to tell them he wouldn’t be in and to get the car seat etc sorted out.

They said I could go home about 1pm as long as I had a wee, our temperatures were ok and that my blood loss slowed down but then when she checked at 1 for my blood loss she said it was more than it should have been so they wanted to keep an eye on that and my temperature as it was a little high too..but then eventually about 3.30 they said I could go home and to keep an eye on the blood loss so I agreed and then I rang alan to come back to pick us up.

I think that’s everything lol

Emm

Back to top Go down

Kaylees Birth Empty Re: Kaylees Birth

Post by ♥ Serenity ♥ Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:55 am

wow that was pretty quick. Adam was born back to back, so like you, i got to see eyes looking up at me lol x
♥ Serenity ♥
♥ Serenity ♥
Post Whore
Post Whore

http://www.readings-at-serendipity.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Kaylees Birth Empty Re: Kaylees Birth

Post by ♥ Serenity ♥ Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:59 am

Just noticed your daughter Aimee shares the same birthday as my Paris Smile x
♥ Serenity ♥
♥ Serenity ♥
Post Whore