Bumps, Babies & Beyond
Welcome to Bumps, Babies & Beyond!

We are so very happy that you could stop by for a visit.
We are a warm, friendly, welcoming, parenting forum.
We cater for all parents across the world to come and chat about there every day lives, ask and give advice, make new friends and generally have fun.

The staff here are very friendly and helpful and also the members here are fantastic to and they are ready and waiting to meet more new people and make more new friends.

We have a wide variety of boards for you all such as ttc, pregnancy and birth, debate room etc, we have monthly competitions with prizes, games, quizzes, chat room and much much more.

We also have our very own arcade.

There is loads for you to do here so why don't you register today and join in with the fun.

When you register please read and sign the rules, introduce your self, tell us a bit about your self and then feel free to do what ever else you like.

Happy posting
Bumps, Babies & Beyond Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bumps, Babies & Beyond
Welcome to Bumps, Babies & Beyond!

We are so very happy that you could stop by for a visit.
We are a warm, friendly, welcoming, parenting forum.
We cater for all parents across the world to come and chat about there every day lives, ask and give advice, make new friends and generally have fun.

The staff here are very friendly and helpful and also the members here are fantastic to and they are ready and waiting to meet more new people and make more new friends.

We have a wide variety of boards for you all such as ttc, pregnancy and birth, debate room etc, we have monthly competitions with prizes, games, quizzes, chat room and much much more.

We also have our very own arcade.

There is loads for you to do here so why don't you register today and join in with the fun.

When you register please read and sign the rules, introduce your self, tell us a bit about your self and then feel free to do what ever else you like.

Happy posting
Bumps, Babies & Beyond Team
Bumps, Babies & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lexie Grace Dowd 01/09/2010

5 posters

Go down

Lexie Grace Dowd 01/09/2010 Empty Lexie Grace Dowd 01/09/2010

Post by ♥ HaleyPinkBump ♥ Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:24 am

Went in for induction on 01/09/2010 at 9am. After settling in and waiting around i soent 20 minutes hooked up to the machine.
Was given the pessary and the cervix was still thick and very high but head still really low at around 10am.
Had to go back on the machine for an hour and then was allowed to get up and go for a walk.
Didn't go far as it was lunch time.
Ant popped back to drop Laytons clothes off as he forgot and i had lunch.
When he came back the ward was closed to visitors so i went to the hospital restaurant with him so he could eat.
Went to the toilet around 2.15pm and the pessary came out Sad
They put another back in and checked my cervix which was now softening and 2cm dialated. My waters were bulging and they nearly sent me up to the delivery suite to have my waters broken but decided to leave me a while longer. I was hooked back up to the machine for a supposid 20 minutes but was left for longer. Really needed a wee and was feeling uncomfortable plus was getting pains which i was sure was contractions so pressed the buzzer. Was well shocked when they said it was. Think this was 5.15.
Felt absolutely shattered by then so for a sleep but two staff had other ideas for me and decided to have an in depth convo right outside my curtain.
The pains started coming every 2 minutes and soon every minute and half. Before i knew it they seemed constant.
They called me a midwife over from Paignton but she seemed to take ages getting here.
In the mean time i kept being sick and started to cry with the pain as it was so intense and constant.
The midwife finally came and took me up.
Got me on the gas and air which made me even more sick. Was then 2-3cm.
After what seemed like ages she broke my waters and omg the pain suddenly went, it was such a relief! Because her head was so low and waters were bulging most of the pain was pressure. This brought me to 5cm.
Was given an anti-sickness injection.
The pain came back just as intense and i got really disheartened as i thought it would take ages to get to 10cm so begged for pethadine or whatever they use now. After speaking to the doctor they recommended i didn;t have it as i would push too quickly and because of babys expected low birth weight she would need to go to special care.
Before i knew it i was pushing.
1st stage labour took 2 hours and 44 minutes, 2nd stage labour took 3 mintes and 3rd stage labour took 13 minutes.
Lexie Grace Dowd (although we only named her yesterday morning) was born at 19.43pm weighing 5lb 12oz which is exactly what they estimated her to be through the scans.
So i did it in exactly 3 hours with only gas and air and no stitches needed.
She looks like a little dinky doll and i adore her to bits. She is so worth the 4 year weight and i hope she has a tiny bit of all her 6 angel brother and sisters in her.
We were allowed home at 9.15am the next morning.

30 minutes old
Lexie Grace Dowd 01/09/2010 DSCF2820

12 hours old
Lexie Grace Dowd 01/09/2010 DSCF2844

2 days old
Lexie Grace Dowd 01/09/2010 DSCF2874
♥ HaleyPinkBump ♥
♥ HaleyPinkBump ♥

Back to top Go down

Lexie Grace Dowd 01/09/2010 Empty Re: Lexie Grace Dowd 01/09/2010

Post by cas Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:39 pm

awww hun shes a little cutie. congrats to you both.

cas
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by randomxx Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:47 pm

aww hun shes gorgeous well done to you xxx
randomxx
randomxx
Dabbler
Dabbler

Back to top Go down

Post by xxRachxx Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:59 am

aww fab birth story hun congrats again xx
xxRachxx
xxRachxx
Admin
Admin

http://rachs-designs.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mummyluvsoli Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:40 pm

congratulations hun.
i know a few lexi's and lexi grace's and i think it is an absolutely gorgeous name.
she is so adorable .. i love her little dress
mummyluvsoli
mummyluvsoli
Dabbler
Dabbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum